Monday, January 19, 2009

The Tennis Thread

Posted by Winz

Ok...let's face...tennis is the one sport I'm seriously obsessed about.
And since today is the 19th of January......its the 1st day of the 'happy' Slam....all tennis fans you guessed it right....It's the 1st day of the Australian Open....one of the most fun and lively grand slam tournaments in the tennis calendar.
Now to make it clear for everyone....I'm a Rafael Nadal fan, so any comments against him will have serious repercussions! :P
Seriously though I like a host of players for their style of playing (both male and female) and I know a majority of the players playing in the circuit now even if I'm not a huge fan.
I enjoy tennis, though I know that it's sort of like an intelligent man's game.
True most people don't have a lot of patience to sit and understand the rules of playing the game, understanding football even cricket is easier in many aspects, but watching the beautiful angular shots, listening to the soft 'thwack' of a tennis ball against a racquet and seeing it ricochet around the court has a different appeal!
Here I'd like to clarify that I like Nadal not because of his physical appearance rather I like him for his aggressive style of play on court and his shy demeanor off it!
He's definitely a fan favourite.....especially since he provides his own blogs for his fans to read in most major tournaments......
What makes him feel ordinary is that he has ordinary interests which an average 22 year old has! He likes playing games......loves chocolates.....guess there's nothing else to mention now! :)
I will definitely support him in the tournament..........hope he'll stay fit.....and about him winning or not...can't guarantee it....but would love to see him hold the trophy! :)

0 comments: